PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Stop Ubuntu One Loading

celticbhoy
June 11th, 2009, 03:33 PM
Is it possible to stop Ubuntu One load on star-up, I don't want to remove it, just stop it starting when I log in. I realise that it is still under development, but my PC becomes unusable due to CPU cycles & memory being hogged.

cb951303
June 11th, 2009, 04:27 PM
Is it possible to stop Ubuntu One load on star-up, I don't want to remove it, just stop it starting when I log in. I realise that it is still under development, but my PC becomes unusable due to CPU cycles & memory being hogged.

have you checked "Menu>System>Preferences>Startup Applications"
although I'm not sure, it may be there...

celticbhoy
June 11th, 2009, 04:49 PM
Only part of it rests there, the syncdeamon which is the bit that causes the problems doesn't.

joshuahoover
June 11th, 2009, 09:58 PM
Only part of it rests there, the syncdeamon which is the bit that causes the problems doesn't.

Unfortunately, you can't stop the ubuntuone-syncdaemon from starting up automatically currently. Our Nautilus extension starts the ubuntuone-syncdaemon, so you're not able to stop the daemon from running separately.

eilios
June 11th, 2009, 10:00 PM
If you really want to, make a shell script that kills the syncdemon and put it to load after nautilus.

celticbhoy
June 11th, 2009, 10:03 PM
Its ok folks, I have just been killing the process's in sys monitor. I was just wondering if it could be set, but as it is still early in development I will put up with it.

eilios
June 11th, 2009, 10:06 PM
Its ok folks, I have just been killing the process's in sys monitor. I was just wondering if it could be set, but as it is still early in development I will put up with it.

If you really want to, make a shell script that kills the syncdemon and put it to load after nautilus.

This should do what you ask.

fejao
July 9th, 2010, 08:18 PM
@celticbhoy:
To answer this and many questions of what is missing by default in ubuntu theres always Ubuntu-Tweak:

http://ubuntu-tweak.com/

@eilios: Schönes web gumpel