PDA

View Full Version : Warty Backport Requests CLOSED

jdong
January 19th, 2005, 11:38 PM
As of this moment, I will not accept any more backport requests for Warty. I've hit practically everything you guys have wanted.

I've gained a lot of knowledge and insight of how to improve this process for Hoary, so I'd like this 3 month period to develop a PHP/MySQL driven system for managing backports. This will lead to expanded "contributed packages" and possibility of multiple maintainers for architectures.

All the backports requested that I've promised to will be finished. No new backports will be made.

jdodson
January 20th, 2005, 12:04 AM
As of this moment, I will not accept any more backport requests for Warty. I've hit practically everything you guys have wanted.

I've gained a lot of knowledge and insight of how to improve this process for Hoary, so I'd like this 3 month period to develop a PHP/MySQL driven system for managing backports. This will lead to expanded "contributed packages" and possibility of multiple maintainers for architectures.

All the backports requested that I've promised to will be finished. No new backports will be made.

maybe you should howto make a backport. i would be interested in contributing.

jdong
January 20th, 2005, 12:05 AM
I'm also considering "auto-backport" shellscripts, if I can master them!

Quest-Master
January 20th, 2005, 12:48 AM
That'd be awesome. 8)

poofyhairguy
January 20th, 2005, 03:52 AM

Thanks for the fun jdong- does this mean you are going to upgrade to hoary now?

jdong
January 20th, 2005, 04:00 AM
Thanks for the fun jdong- does this mean you are going to upgrade to hoary now?

No -- I'm running a Apache+subversion+MySQL+PHP setup on my desktop, which requires security updates and stability. I'm quite satisfied with Warty for this.

P.S. I have had a system at school running Hoary ever since its opening. I still play with it a bit. However, I've experienced a few breakages that required gentoo-style fixing & tweaking, so I don't think I want to deal with that on a server!

Alessio
January 20th, 2005, 09:50 AM
Thank you for all.
I need a script too.. for contribute to the project!
Bye