PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Hulu

biffthemandible
June 8th, 2009, 10:46 PM
I downloaded the swfflashplayer plugin as well as the adobe flash plugin and downloaded adobe flash player and sun java 6 runtime but videos still won't load on hulu. I don't know what it is I'm doing wrong.

EDIT: nevermind. After restarting my computer for the 4th time it seems to have taken effect.

Therion
June 8th, 2009, 10:49 PM
Assuming you've installed the Adobe plugin, and it sounds like you have, open Synaptic Package Manager and in the Search box type in: swf.

If you find you have the package swf-mozilla-plugin installed, mark it for removal and close Synaptic. Try going back to Hulu now.

Wiebelhaus
June 8th, 2009, 10:55 PM
Let's try to knock out all those pesky restricted packages real fast while performing some quick maintenance!

Run:

sudo apt-get remove swfdec-mozilla
sudo apt-get -f install
sudo dpkg --configure -a
sudo apt-get updateThen Run:

sudo wget http://www.medibuntu.org/sources.list.d/`lsb_release -cs`.list --output-document=/etc/apt/sources.list.d/medibuntu.list; sudo apt-get -q update; sudo apt-get --yes -q --allow-unauthenticated install medibuntu-keyring; sudo apt-get -q updateThen:

sudo apt-get install libdvdcss2
sudo apt-get install w32codecs
sudo apt-get install ubuntu-restricted-extras
sudo apt-get install flashplugin-nonfree You could consolidate those last four into one command but let's watch those packages install for diagnostic reasons , Then log out and then back in and report back , good luck!