PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] so I pressed Super+R

blur xc
June 7th, 2009, 08:24 PM
I pressed Super+R and now I don't know how to turn it off. Neat effect- but it's getting obnoxious...

thanks,
BM

blur xc
June 7th, 2009, 08:30 PM
never mind- I pressed it again, out of desperation, and it worked...

so- how come it works sometimes and sometimes not? I tried to activate it again (for a test) and it didn't' work. Also super 1, super c, etc.. . don't work. Super E works... How do you get got to the compiz preferences anyway?

Thanks,
BM

Fzang
June 7th, 2009, 08:33 PM
If you haven't already, install CompizConfig Settings Manager

To open Compiz preferences you can

1. Right click fusion icon and click "settings manager" (that is, if you have fusion icon installed)

2. Run command ccsm

3. Run /usr/share/applications/CompizConfig Settings Manager.desktop

And I've disabled most effects I don't use, so Super+R doesn't even ring a tiny bell at me.

venator260
June 7th, 2009, 08:34 PM
sudo apt-get install compizconfig-settings-manager

To acess: Settings>Preferences>CompizConfig Settings Manager

I have no idea why this package isn't installed by default.

aikiwolfie
June 7th, 2009, 09:05 PM
Could be because Gnome has it's own way of applying basic settings in the Appearance app. It really should be installed by default though. I'm betting everybody does the install first thing after setting up Ubuntu.

blur xc
June 7th, 2009, 10:15 PM
Could be because Gnome has it's own way of applying basic settings in the Appearance app. It really should be installed by default though. I'm betting everybody does the install first thing after setting up Ubuntu.

that is if they know that they need to in order to access the cool visual effects. Should be like page 1 on the ubuntu documentation under visual effects.

all I found about the desktop cube (which is one of the screen-shots on the ububtu website) was this blurb under desktop wall- "The Desktop Wall is a lightweight alternative to the Desktop Cube plugin.", under the keyboard short-cuts subsection.

BM