PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Start up Grub menu is gone

RandomP
June 7th, 2009, 05:10 AM
Hi guys.

Here's the story:
I decided to do a recovery on my Windows XP drive since Windows was being extremely slow. Well, I used the recovery it now runs faster. But, the Grub menu is gone, it just starts straight into Windows.

BUT

If I unhook my main drive which windows is stored on, and only use the drive that houses Ubuntu, it starts up, gives me the Grub menu and I can go into Ubuntu just like always.

So, is there anyway I can get the grub menu back without unhooking my windows drive? I am unable to start Ubuntu if my main drive is connected....

Thanks!

-RandomP.

xavierp94
June 7th, 2009, 05:14 AM
Hi guys.

Here's the story:
I decided to do a recovery on my Windows XP drive since Windows was being extremely slow. Well, I used the recovery it now runs faster. But, the Grub menu is gone, it just starts straight into Windows.

BUT

If I unhook my main drive which windows is stored on, and only use the drive that houses Ubuntu, it starts up, gives me the Grub menu and I can go into Ubuntu just like always.

So, is there anyway I can get the grub menu back without unhooking my windows drive? I am unable to start Ubuntu if my main drive is connected....

Thanks!

-RandomP.
Try this solution.
http://fosswire.com/post/2009/5/restoring-overwritten-grub/

RandomP
June 7th, 2009, 05:43 AM
Thank you. I will look into this.