PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] Downloading Podcasts

backbackheyhey
June 7th, 2009, 02:54 AM
I've recently installed Ubuntu (w/GNOME) using Wubi. So far so good. I'm trying to gradually ween myself from Windows, and I was wondering if any of you could offer some advice on a good podcast downloader (i.e., which ones are the best and most newbie friendly). I've been using iTunes in Windows, and from what I've been able to learn, getting that to work in Ubuntu is a major hassle that I'd rather not deal with, since I don't use iTunes for anything but podcasts. Any advice you could offer would be greatly appreciated. Thank you kindly.

manofthefield
June 7th, 2009, 04:01 AM
I've been successfully downloading a couple of podcasts with Rhythmbox Music Player. I think this program is installed by default. All I had to do was find the url for the podcasts I wanted. Hint: search google for "<podcast name> url". I can listen to my podcasts on the computer, but I haven't figured out how to get them on my Sansa mp3 player yet. So like you, I've been leaning on my windows crutch to continue this task.

andrew.46
June 7th, 2009, 01:38 PM
Hi backbackheyhey,

and I was wondering if any of you could offer some advice on a good podcast downloader

Could you provide a link to the type of podcast that you would typically download?

Andrew

clive littlewood
June 7th, 2009, 01:58 PM
Hi

I use gPodder which is in the repos for downloading all my podcasts and exaile to listen.

Clive

CatKiller
June 7th, 2009, 02:24 PM
I use Amarok, since I use Amarok for listening to music anyway.

steeleyuk
June 7th, 2009, 02:47 PM
I also use Rhythmbox. Simple but does the job well enough.

If you want to sync with an MP3 player or manage your podcasts in a different way, then gPodder is probably the best.

waspbr
June 7th, 2009, 02:58 PM
Personally I use banshee