PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] "Untrusted Application Launcher"

sanderella
June 5th, 2009, 10:04 PM
I have on my desktop the folder /home/sandra/Desktop/jws_app_shortcut_1239651540065.desktop. This is the file for launching the St Pixel's icon to get straight into St Pixel's Live Online Church.

When I try to open it, I get the message "Untrusted Application Launcher The application launcher "jws_app_shortcut_1239651540065.desktop has not been marked as trusted. If you do not know the source of this file, launching it may be unsafe." So I click on the box "Mark as Trusted." Then I click on the box "Launch Anyway.

The result is this message "There was an error launching the application. Details: Failed to execute child process "/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun-1.6.0.10/jre/bin/javaws" (No such file or directory).

I would like some help to getting my icon back and working. Thank you.

jonobr
June 5th, 2009, 10:30 PM
Forgive my ignorance here.

Could you not just open it in a web browser and if you need to get to it pronto, set that up as your homepage?

Again, maybe Im missing something here, but this sounds like a labor saving mechanism that doesnt save much labor?

Cheers

sanderella
June 6th, 2009, 01:57 PM
SOLVED

I had some advice from the St Pixel's website, and this is what I did. I just pasted "javaws -viewer" into the Terminal, the java box came up, I right-clicked it and it put icon back on my desktop. And it works to get me into Live.:p

haha.ysj
August 29th, 2010, 09:00 AM
The .desktop file needs to be executable. You should add executable permission to it :

chmod +x *.desktop

adrian_nye
March 14th, 2011, 02:42 PM
The komodo application launcher does the same thing, even with
execute permissions:

-rwxr-xr-x

Randymanme
May 8th, 2011, 12:40 AM
When I try to open it, I get the message "Untrusted Application Launcher The application launcher "jws_app_shortcut_1239651540065.desktop has not been marked as trusted. If you do not know the source of this file, launching it may be unsafe." So I click on the box "Mark as Trusted."

What box?
Okay. After more googling, I've seen a screenshot of the complete box. But the box that I get with the " . . . has not been marked as trusted. If you do not know the source of this file, launching it may be unsafe." does not have the three options at the bottom. There's no place to select anything.

ccben
August 9th, 2011, 01:40 AM
The box is in right click of .desktop file and go to Permissions. You will find the Allow executing file as program tickbox there. I'm using 11.04

darreno1
February 27th, 2012, 10:26 PM
The .desktop file needs to be executable. You should add executable permission to it :

chmod +x *.desktop

Hate to bring back an old thread but I had to give thanks to haha,ysj for his/her help. I had a similar issue launching an icon from the desktop and the above command worked.

BlinkinCat
February 27th, 2012, 10:30 PM
Hate to bring back an old thread but I had to give thanks to haha,ysj for his/her help. I had a similar issue launching an icon from the desktop and the above command worked.

Hi,
As this thread is marked solved, it may have been best to create another one - You could have included a link back to this one.

Cheers - :p

jorcarras
April 17th, 2012, 03:48 PM

chmod +x *.desktop

It worked perfectly for me. Thanks

oldos2er
April 17th, 2012, 04:25 PM
Snooze time. Closed.