PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] sound problems

jmfal
June 5th, 2009, 08:09 PM
having problems,have sound-ubuntu theme-,rythmbox,everything is slow and garbled-about 1/2speed..ive checked other places in this forum,cant find solution.

GMachine_24
June 5th, 2009, 08:37 PM
What type of files are you trying to play? Have you tried another media player and, if so, did you have any luck?

How fast is your CPU and how much memory does your computer have?

If you open a terminal box and type

xxx/>top

at a command prompt, how much of your CPU's processing power and computer memory are being used? Do this before you try to play music in Rhythmbox and while trying to play music. Give us some results.

Is this a new situation? Did your music play fine until recently and, if so, have you done anything to your computer (new hardware, etc.) or downloaded any updates that might be causing problems?

What sound card and music chip are you using?

Some more information would be really appreciated.

--gm

jmfal
June 5th, 2009, 10:47 PM
re:GM
Athlon64 4000+ 939/winfast mobo/512mbx2 ddr pc3200/XFXgt7300 pcie/
used system moniter>cpu9-13%/ w/rythmbox on nothing playing>cpu9-13% mem 14.6%// w/fmradio cpu16-22% mem 14.9%..w/cd cpu14-22% mem15.3%
ive had this problem on a iso my daughter burned for me,i thought maybe disk was bad,had ubuntu mail me disc, installed it last night,had this problem right from start, before any updates.
im sure its something simple, i just dont know my way around jaunty to figure it out.
would getting medibuntu repository help
mobo/video card uses nvidia drivers,has onboard sound-ac97
thx