PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] Wubi Instal pauses up after reboot?

Maros
June 5th, 2009, 11:10 AM
Hey guys im kinda new to the wubi install. trying to do a dual boot of xubuntu 9.04 with vista 64 bit. did the wubi install to a different partition and after i rebooted to xubuntu it just kinda hung up with a blinking cursor at the top left. any ideas? vista boots fine.

ajgreeny
June 5th, 2009, 12:14 PM
Hey guys im kinda new to the wubi install. trying to do a dual boot of xubuntu 9.04 with vista 64 bit. did the wubi install to a different partition and after i rebooted to xubuntu it just kinda hung up with a blinking cursor at the top left. any ideas? vista boots fine.
So which did you do, a dual boot system with new partitions etc etc, or a wubi install? There is a big difference regarding where to go from here with the two ways of installing. Also can you tell us what your hardware is, particulary the graphics card, so more clues may be solved about your difficulties.

Maros
June 5th, 2009, 09:03 PM
The hard drive was already partitioned into two c/d. i did a wubi install on the d. im using an asus g50v notebook, the video is an nvidia geforce 9700m gt.