PDA

View Full Version : laggy WoW after copy from windows

necromaniac
June 4th, 2009, 08:52 PM
Hi!

I have just copied the world of warcraft folder from a computer with windows to my Ubuntu/linux. Now I think there is something wrong with one of my winefiles because when i launch the game it says something like : "The program winedevice.exe has encountered a serios problem and needs to close. This can be coused by a problem in the program or a deficiency in wine"
The program winedevice.exe has encountered a serios problem and needs to close. This can be coused by a problem in the program or a deficiency inwi
I use wine version 1.1.22 and i know my comp is able to run WoW. Any ideas whats wrong? As the title says, my gameplay is really laggy, even with very low grafic quality.

ruzkie
June 4th, 2009, 09:59 PM
dont copy the installation, install it from the setup else the registry wont be created completely

hikaricore
June 5th, 2009, 02:49 AM
ruzkie: WoW doesn't make registry entries...

necro: this belongs in the WINE forum: http://ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=313
I posted the sticky saying not to post windows gaming questions here for a reason.

asdfoo
June 5th, 2009, 11:23 AM
which video card and drivers? If you have Intel then it won't work all that great with Wine. Nvidia is the best option.