PDA

View Full Version : Full Circle in Djvu, request.

ronniet
June 5th, 2009, 09:22 PM
But how many people have a Djvu viewer installed by default? Does Evince (sp?) display Djvu?

salvachn
June 6th, 2009, 01:46 AM
Yes indeed. Evince can open djvu files by default. Can I help in this? I have a licence of a djvu creation software that I can use. Maybe I'll convert all 25 issues to djvu and upload to rapidshare?

salvachn
June 6th, 2009, 01:48 AM
Requesting alternative format for the magazine: Djvu.
Djvu documents are way smaller in bytes, than the PDF.
More info at djvu dot org.

You can't always assure that, it works well only for scanned documents, not for normal files created with scribus and such software.

ronniet
June 6th, 2009, 03:10 PM
You can't always assure that, it works well only for scanned documents, not for normal files created with scribus and such software.

Yeah, that's a very good point. Remember: FCM uses a LOT of images, and to compress them down would destroy the quality of the images.

ronniet
June 6th, 2009, 03:11 PM
Yes indeed. Evince can open djvu files by default. Can I help in this? I have a licence of a djvu creation software that I can use. Maybe I'll convert all 25 issues to djvu and upload to rapidshare?

Feel free convert one or two to see if there's much of a filesize/quality difference.

If you think it's worth having them also in Djvu format then feel free to convert all 25 and email them to admin[at]fullcirclemagazine.org and he (Rob) will put them on the FCM site for you. :)

salvachn
June 11th, 2009, 03:08 AM
OK. I'll be done with this by saturday, 13.06.09.

salvachn
June 12th, 2009, 01:32 PM
I tried the conversion. Went well, size is 2MB max for issues 25, 24, 23 and 22. But the fact is the orientation is not correct, and in Evince it looks like the rectangle has been distorted a lot after rotation, The page is shrunk horizontally so it doesn't make for good viewing.

salvachn
June 15th, 2009, 04:25 PM
Anyone really needs the DJVU files??

salvachn
July 16th, 2009, 01:32 PM
Hey.. I've converted all 26 issues so far to DJVU format. Anybody want it? Or shall I mail it to FCM editors??

ankurwidguitar
July 18th, 2009, 10:49 AM
DJVU would be big no-no from my side. It is actually a very big pain to have this format running on different machines. PDF format is kinda universal, so, it is the best.