PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Mouse problems

June 3rd, 2009, 10:56 AM
Hey all,

I recently figured out how to surpass the shortcomings of flash use in Jaunty but the fix I used sadly caused a defect in the use of my touchpad. I followed the "Safe" part of this tutorial here-

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1130582

(to any experiencing video troubles in Jaunty check it out it worked for me!)

Anyways, what now happens is the faster I move my finger on the touchpad the slower the cursor moves. If i move my finger slowly the cursor acts as normal and goes across the page but if i rapidly move my finger across the touchpad it only moves an inch or so. This is a great annoyance but i am very reluctant to give up this fix that I finally found because a working flash is very important to me. If anyone has any ideas after checking this out it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot in advance everyone.

June 3rd, 2009, 02:44 PM
TO provide more information this basically happened after I switched from the EXA to the UXA acceleration method by altering the xorg.conf file. this fixed the problems I was experiencing with flash but it hindered my use of the touchpad somewhat wile introducing some miner graphical problems in other areas that weren't necessarily important compared to flash. I dont know how this could have messed up the mouse movement like it did so hopefully someone will be able to shed some light on this for me.

Thanks again everyone.