View Full Version : [ubuntu] Emerald Theme Manager
June 2nd, 2009, 07:55 PM
I cannot find any documentation on after installing themes to to use the theme from emerald theme manager.
How do I do it? Thanks in advance.
June 2nd, 2009, 08:08 PM
A suggestion, assuming your desktop effects are working correctly:
1. Install the CompizConfig Settings Mgr (it's in Synaptic)
2. Install the Fusion Icon (Synaptic)
3. Start the Fusion Icon and the icon appears on your panel.
4. Right click the icon and select Emerald window decorator and select Compiz window mgr.
5. Right click the icon and select Emerald Theme mgr and choose a theme
6. Download a new Emerald (Beryl) theme from gnome-look.org and save on the desktop. If it's packed in a zip file, extract it to the desktop.
7. Use the Emerald Theme mgr to import the new theme from your desktop.
8. Activate the new theme in the Emerald Theme mgr.
June 3rd, 2009, 08:08 PM
I installed Emerald and activated Fusion. I must be having problems with my graphics card, because the title bar doesn't disappears when I'm running in Compiz mode for window manager, and when I select an Emerald theme (window decorator is set to Emerald) it doesn't change the theme at all. I've tried reloading the window manager, but that doesn't bring about any changes. How can I tell if it's a graphics card/driver issue, and is it something that can be fixed? The specs for my machine are below in the signature area.
P.S. The other desktop effects (cube, etc) work fine under Compiz. It's the themes and window dressing that seem to be the problem.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 Copyright © 2015 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.