PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Epson printer colour problems since upgrade to 9.04

Bearly Able
June 1st, 2009, 05:39 PM
Hi,

I have an Epson Stylus D88+ printer, which printed just fine (if a little slowly) under 8.04. Since I've upgraded to 9.04, it doesn't print colours correctly; they are much darker and "muddier" than they ought to be. However, they start to improve as printing goes on, and if I print several copies of the same thing, the colour is nearly right by about the sixth copy.

Any suggestions?

Mark Phelps
June 1st, 2009, 10:19 PM
I have an Epson R200 inkjet printer and am printing find under Jaunty with no problems -- but I'm using the Gutenprint driver. Ran into lots of problems printing with default driver. Installed Gutenprint, changed over to their driver, haven't had any problems since.

Bearly Able
June 2nd, 2009, 10:35 AM
Hi Mark,

The driver I was using seemed to be the right one; it was listed as CUPS + Gutenprint, although I couldn't see which version was installed - probably looking in the wrong place. (Apparently, there are two for the D88.) Anyway, I tried changing drivers, just to be sure, and am now definitely using the one listed as recommended. That seems to have done the trick, although so far I've only tried a test page.

I have to go out now and don't have time to experiment further, but I'll post back if I find any problems.

In future, I think I'll do a fresh install, rather than an upgrade, because I've run into so many problems after this one (my first).

Thanks for your help.