PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Flash Player and Visual effects issues

x8illy8oyx
June 1st, 2009, 12:44 AM
Hey I like to say hi to everyone on my first post, I just installed ubuntu 9.04 on my new WD 1 TB external HDD to try it on and see whats the fuzz about, i really really like it but I have 3 issues with it, first i cant enable the extra visual effects not even the normal ones, I did a research about it but I couldnt found anything to help me out being a real noob in linux, I also have problems installing adobe flash player because when I download the one from the webpage it says wrong architecture i386 and im downloading the one with extention .deb wich i think is the correct one

If anyone can help me out ill really appreciate it!

aagavin
June 1st, 2009, 12:56 AM
i cant enable the extra visual effects not even the normal ones

First have you tried enabling the your Graphics Card Drivers by:

System -> Administration -> Hardware Drivers
and then select the graphics and the wireless.

I also have problems installing adobe flash player because when I download the one from the webpage it says wrong architecture i386 and im downloading the one with extention .deb wich i think is the correct one

To get flash open up your terminal Applications -> Accessories -> Terminal and type in:

sudo apt-get install flashplugin-nonfree

Six-Blade Knife
June 1st, 2009, 12:57 AM
about the visual effects you probably have to install third-part drivers: go system->hardware driver (or third party drivers, depending on your language) and see if you are using the graphic card drivers (most likely you are not). activate them if not already. this will make you download/install the needed packages and after that you will have to restart the system (or at least session).
given that you have a relatively new box..
about the flash player you can install via Synaptic flashplugin-nonfree,restarting your browser

x8illy8oyx
June 1st, 2009, 06:48 PM
The thing for the flash player did work thank you :D, and i did try to activate the proprietary drivers but whenever i go to System-Administration-Hardware drivers it tells me that no proprietary drivers are in use on this system, and it doesnt give the option to do anything...