PDA

View Full Version : Can't install fedora

navaneethan
May 29th, 2009, 01:44 PM
Hai friends,

I ve PC,In my Pc i can't install fedora 7.0 ..i don't know the reason but my senior one person who said to me that your motherboard probably mayn't support for fedora ,...

But i want to install fedora on my system ..How to do??
Any restrictions available to install fedora???
any extra features need??

Tibuda
May 29th, 2009, 01:59 PM
This is a Ubuntu support forum. You are likely to find more help in http://fedoraproject.org/ or http://fedoraforum.org/

aeiah
May 29th, 2009, 02:02 PM
perhaps your motherboard isnt supported. is there any reason you're trying to install fedora 7 instead of say, 10 or 11?

navaneethan
May 30th, 2009, 04:46 AM
just want to work

Sef
May 30th, 2009, 06:23 AM
I ve PC,In my Pc i can't install fedora 7.0 ..i don't know the reason but my senior one person who said to me that your motherboard probably mayn't support for fedora ,...

But i want to install fedora on my system ..How to do??
Any restrictions available to install fedora???
any extra features need?

If your motherboard is not supported by Fedora 7.0, then you would have to either use a different distro or find a motherboard that is supported by it.

Twittery
May 30th, 2009, 07:20 AM
I think you'd be better off with fedora 10 or wait till the upcoming release of Fedora 11 , which is scheduled to be released on June 2 .

navaneethan
June 1st, 2009, 04:50 PM
Ok let me try to install latest version ...But i'd like to know what the updation from fedora7 to 11 or 10?? in motherboard terms???

Also what actually going in consecutive ubuntu versions???

for example ubuntu 9.04 to 9.10 what modules are going to update??

Legace
June 1st, 2009, 04:53 PM
Ok let me try to install latest version ...But i'd like to know what the updation from fedora7 to 11 or 10?? in motherboard terms???

for example ubuntu 9.04 to 9.10 what modules are going to update??

The device support is improved along with updated kernels, so you should expect each release to support more and more devices (and motherboards, in your case).

navaneethan
June 1st, 2009, 05:15 PM
I ve another doubt Is any difference available to fedora kernal?? and ubuntu kernal??? also for debian

What differences availsble between them??