PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] hellanzb oroblems

shadowlands
May 29th, 2009, 11:12 AM
installation

1. I down loaded the program
2. I extracted the program

I then ran the terminal command"sudo apt-get install python-dev python-twisted unrar par2"

I was then given this message The following message "packages were automatically installed and are no longer required:
libswfdec-0.6-90 libavutil1d libdc1394-13 libdjvulibre15
linux-headers-2.6.28-11 libpostproc1d libgnutls13 libavformat1d libopencdk10
linux-headers-2.6.28-11-generic linux-backports-modules-2.6.28-11-generic
libdvdread3 libavcodec1d
Use 'apt-get autoremove' to remove them."

Thaks for any and all help in advance.

Problem: How do I remove them?

shadowlands
May 29th, 2009, 09:25 PM
I looked around abd found this HOWTO
http://www.ubuntugeek.com/nzb-par-and-unrar-all-in-one-using-hellanzb.html/comment-page-1

Problem occured when I ran the following command " python setup.py install" I received the following error"torchwood@torchwood-laptop:~/hellanzb-0.11$ python setup.py install
/usr/lib/python2.6/distutils/dist.py:266: UserWarning: Unknown distribution option: 'app'
warnings.warn(msg)
running install
running build
running build_py
creating build
error: could not create 'build': Permission denied"

How do I clear up this error? Thanks in advance for your efforts to assist me.

oldos2er
May 29th, 2009, 11:19 PM
hellanzb is in the repositories.

shadowlands
May 30th, 2009, 03:36 AM
So all I need to do is go to the Repos and install it? Is there anything else i need to make this work correctly? Question I am confused if it is in the Reps why is their a howto on the board?

oldos2er
May 30th, 2009, 04:08 AM
What "board" do you mean? ubuntugeek.com? That article you referenced is over two years old, so maybe hellanzb wasn't in the repos at that time.

shadowlands
May 30th, 2009, 04:25 AM
Thanks!! What does it mean Hellanzb is not listing on the default port, so it id most likely not running. The stand alone might be best for you? What is this regarding and how do I correct this so I get the best quality service? Where do I check first for the most up to date facts and howtos?