PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Trying to watch abc on virtualbox xp

mamamia88
May 28th, 2009, 11:07 PM
but it gives me an error message saying unable to create adequate video renderer. does anyone know how to fix this?

DGortze380
May 28th, 2009, 11:10 PM
nvm

mamamia88
May 28th, 2009, 11:15 PM
anybody? i don't want to have to go back to a dualboot setup just setup virtualbox and it runs great except this

Paqman
May 28th, 2009, 11:42 PM
XP in virtualbox shouldn't be too different to running XP on it's own partition.

Have you installed the Virtualbox guest additions? These include the video drivers Windows will need. I'm not familiar with ABC, but what does their site use? Flash? Have a look on their site, it should tell you what you need to have installed to watch their content.

michy99
May 28th, 2009, 11:47 PM
ABC is using their own special video player.

mamamia88
May 28th, 2009, 11:57 PM
yeah it plays the commercials fine but not the actual video and i have video memory maxed

Paqman
May 29th, 2009, 12:08 AM
ABC is using their own special video player.

Yuk. That's like being stuck back the 90s!

LowSky
May 29th, 2009, 12:20 AM
FOX and the CW do this too. NBC blocks Flash on Linux users, and CBS seems to be the only one with no issues.

Personally I use Hulu for most of my Internet TV watching, supposedly ABC/Disney is stricking a deal to get their content on that site too.

Have you tried using Windows Firefox through Wine to watch the shows, this method works for watching NBC.com shows. It might work for the ABC player.