PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] synergyc without X?

chenson13
May 28th, 2009, 03:48 PM
I've searched the forums and did some googling and I can't find anything on this.

Recently I've really gotten on a CLI only kick. No X. Running strictly off the framebuffer. There's a lot of good stuff out there.

Anyway, what I can't find is anything providing options or solutions for synergy(c) to a non-X client. I have multiple PCs of various flavors (nerd) and would like to incorporate an X-less workstation. Has anyone had any experience with this?

I'll play around this afternoon but either way this should be in the forums somewhere so if I have success I'll document it here. Thanks all.

lordmundi
November 17th, 2009, 04:17 PM
I'm interested in the exact same thing actually... running synergy without X (or, for the sake of search engines, running synergy in runlevel 3 / init 3)

I'm kind of surprised there isn't more information on this, as I would think that lots of folks with server systems such as Ubuntu server edition that don't use X, would want to share a keyboard and mouse with a conventional desktop.

Anyways, just a bump to see if anyone has any information on this. And if not synergy, maybe something else?