View Full Version : [ubuntu] loose the gui when i install driver
May 28th, 2009, 04:43 AM
this is crazy wy does it loose the gui when i install driver in ubuntu 9.04
May 28th, 2009, 05:27 AM
some body please help me fix i dont wanna go back to windows
May 28th, 2009, 05:36 AM
What driver are you talking about (video driver?)? And what gui (X server?)? A bit more info would help...
May 28th, 2009, 05:50 AM
Info that would help would include:
- What version of Ubuntu you are using
- The specs of your PC, particularly what video card you have.
- What driver you installed that is causing the problem. Was it from Hardware Drivers, or did you download it from a website? What website and what driver version is it?
- Any error messages you are seeing, or a description of the screen you are getting when you login.
- anything else you think might help us to help you. Too much information is better than to little, as long as it has to do with the problem.
It sounds like you've installed a video driver that, for whatever reason, doesn't work with your card and/or your version of Ubuntu. Someone here will be able to guide you into getting your gui desktop back, but no one can help without more information.
May 28th, 2009, 03:05 PM
i am running ubuntu 9.04 im trying to install nvidia drive .when i do i get boot up it stops says checking battery and just sits there .i have try startx also lots of other things iv read threw forms and im not the first one to have this problem. i have nvidia 8600 gt 256
also prossesor is pentiun dual core 3.16 ran fine in ubuntu 8.04 lts 32bit and 64bit ](*,)
May 28th, 2009, 06:59 PM
any body found the fix for this ?
May 28th, 2009, 08:03 PM
I have zero experience with nVidia cards under Ubuntu, but I did a little searching and found these threads - I hope they help...
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.