PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] How to Fix GRUB Error 21 and 22

Sheffy
May 28th, 2009, 03:31 AM
Hey guys. I found out how to fix the GRUB Error 21 and 22.

If you duel booted or tri booted and you got the GRUB error 21 or 22, then what you do is put a Ubuntu or any disk into the CD drive. After that you select "Install Ubuntu".

When you do that go to "Custom" and delete the extra partitions of Ubuntu. Then you "right click" and select "New Partition"

You have to create a root (/) and another type (or you can just leave it blank(I recommend that)). Make sure you create a FAT 32 and a NTFS..

Then click next after you have made your decisions. Then Enter your personal Info.

Click next

Then it will tell you the list that you saw when you first set up Ubuntu. (It will say the stuff like "The following partitions are going to be formated" along with a bunch of other words) Click Next

After it has finished click "restart"

Then it should be fine! If windows doesn't work run "System Recovery"

One thing strange happened to me was that when I ran system recovery all the rest of my stuff like pictures and videos was saved to another account. To access this, go into Ubuntu and click on "Places". Click on "Removable Media" and select your Hard Drive Brand. Mine is Presario C. Click on C and go to Documents and settings, and then select the user that has all the stuff in it.

If you have anymore questions, just leave a reply to this post.