PDA

View Full Version : Installing Ubuntu 9.04 Netbook Remix via a usb harddisk

Nawaf
May 28th, 2009, 02:02 AM
I used to install Ubuntu ISOs via an external usb harddisk using UNetbootin but with the new image format used in Ubuntu 9.04 Netbook Remix that does work anymore. I don't have a flash drive. ImageWriter can't see my external harddisk. When installing the flash image file using UNetbootin and then booting up from the external harddisk, the installation freezes somewhere before the live session starts.
Can someone please help me find a a fix for this problem? I need ti install Ubuntu 9.04 Netbook Remix via an external usb harddisk.

dbcoolio
May 28th, 2009, 04:15 AM
You could try using unetbootin to install it onto a 1-2gb flash drive, and then dd the files over to the external drive.

Nawaf
May 28th, 2009, 10:09 AM
Thanks dbcoolio. But the problem is that I don't have a usb flash drive. I do have a memorystick and an SD card though. But my Aspire One card slot doesn't work in Ubuntu 9.04. If I can find an ISO image of Remix 9.04 or find a way to make an ISO image from Remix flash image, then I can use UNetbootin to install Remix through my external harddisk.