PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] ahh the sweet armoa of fresh Ubuntu

uphoria
May 28th, 2009, 01:46 AM
Hello there :)

I'm obviously new here, and I'm also very new to Ubuntu. What brought me to Ubuntu was the Linux on Playstation 3 capability, but I soon found myself wanting Linux on a desktop. I haven't done anything to my ps3 because I've been busy, but I've been able to successfully dual-boot Ubuntu 9.04 with windows XP home edition, and so far I love it. However, I still have a lot to learn about Ubuntu.

I'm using Ubuntu because its probably (form what I know about open source OS's) the most popular Linux distribution and it seems a good entry into the world of Linux and open source programs (I'm a newb; I've always stuck to Microsoft like glue)

I hope that I'll be able to learn more about Ubuntu here and come to be a true member of the community.

zeroseven0183
May 28th, 2009, 01:48 AM
Welcome to the Community. Enjoy Ubuntu!

Tibuda
May 28th, 2009, 01:48 AM
Welcome.

Sealbhach
May 28th, 2009, 01:53 AM
That's great, all your hardware working OK?

uphoria
May 28th, 2009, 01:56 AM
That's great, all your hardware working OK?

yea, surprisingly it runs fine on my crappy rig.

theozzlives
May 28th, 2009, 02:07 AM
Hello there :)

I'm obviously new here, and I'm also very new to Ubuntu. What brought me to Ubuntu was the Linux on Playstation 3 capability, but I soon found myself wanting Linux on a desktop. I haven't done anything to my ps3 because I've been busy, but I've been able to successfully dual-boot Ubuntu 9.04 with windows XP home edition, and so far I love it. However, I still have a lot to learn about Ubuntu.

I'm using Ubuntu because its probably (form what I know about open source OS's) the most popular Linux distribution and it seems a good entry into the world of Linux and open source programs (I'm a newb; I've always stuck to Microsoft like glue)

I hope that I'll be able to learn more about Ubuntu here and come to be a true member of the community.

Back in 2007, I too was a die hard Microsnot fan. I tryed several distros before making Ubuntu my home. Welcome and good luck.

stalkier
May 28th, 2009, 02:08 AM
If you have ANY trouble just remember to check the forums. Stay calm and do some research. Sometimes it is a daunting task to fix something that is not working anymore but there is always a reason for it. Ubuntu has the best support community out there. I have been an Ubuntu user for many years and I will use no other distro. Not that I am saying Ubuntu is the best one out there but I love it, it works, and the support is great. 9.04 runs great on my Compaq Presario v2000 laptop. It is the only OS I run on it now. Windows is really making me made on it so I trashed the OS.

Welcome to the Community and I hope you really enjoy the freedom that the OS and Open Source will give you.