PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] I am new to this, DVD's wont read in 9.04 (Jaunty)

BigLex
May 27th, 2009, 11:33 PM
I had everything working fine in 8.04 now that I upgraded k9copy doesn't work right I cant watch dvd's or mount and watch .ISO's this is really annoying as I thought it was an upgrade not a downgrade what can I do to fix this? do I need to get codecs or did I loose file dependancies? help me please

philcamlin
May 27th, 2009, 11:34 PM
get the codecs it should say that when you watch the video or get vlc its good too :) :popcorn:

BigLex
May 28th, 2009, 12:22 AM
I tried this ISO wont load and DVD freezes dont undrstand why it worked perfectly in the other version(8.04) i tried to revert but the disk is blocked

-kg-
May 28th, 2009, 12:53 AM
What enabled me to watch DVDs (perfectly, BTW) is to go to the Medibuntu page (https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Medibuntu), install the repositories and key as instructed, then go further down the page, installing the libdvdcss2 library package, and then a little further down the page install the non-native codecs.

At first I was unable to get DVDs to play, but once I installed these packages they played without a hitch.

Mark Phelps
May 28th, 2009, 04:29 PM
i tried to revert but the disk is blocked
There's no simple way to "revert"; reinstallation is generally the best approach.

richg
May 28th, 2009, 05:13 PM
I just switched over to Mint. Much easier. That is the beauty of Linux.

Rich

WinterMadness
May 28th, 2009, 05:36 PM
any time you have a problem with software, run it in the terminal so we can get error reports and it will be easier to help

ssdt
May 28th, 2009, 05:58 PM
I've found a lot of problem with 9.04 too like this one.