PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] How return usplash theme to default

mvalviar
May 27th, 2009, 08:25 PM
Hi, I installed kubuntu-desktop on my ubuntu install. I like it and I want to keep it. However I still prefer the gdm and the default ubuntu usplash. I was able to revert back to gdm but I don't know how to revert to the default usplash can anyone help please?

Didius Falco
May 27th, 2009, 08:31 PM
Hi, I installed kubuntu-desktop on my ubuntu install. I like it and I want to keep it. However I still prefer the gdm and the default ubuntu usplash. I was able to revert back to gdm but I don't know how to revert to the default usplash can anyone help please?

Right-click the Fast User Switcher (where you go to log out, hibernate, shut down, etc.) and choose Setup Login Screen. You'll be asked for your password, then choose the Local tab. You can choose one to always use, or pick a variety and have it choose between them randomly, depending on how you set it up.

Regards,

Didius

kukibird1
May 27th, 2009, 08:45 PM

In terminal type

sudo update-alternatives --config usplash-artwork.so

follow the onscreen instructions

then type

sudo dpkg-reconfigure usplash

when you reboot you will have the default ubuntu usplash again .

You still need to use the setup login screen option to get the default ubuntu login screen for gdm.

mvalviar
September 10th, 2009, 06:37 AM
Perfect.