PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] how do you make large shadows? is there a way?

enri2
May 27th, 2009, 02:15 PM
i want large shadows , larger than the compiz window decoration. I want something like leopard shadows... my question is: is it possible to overdrive the shadow radius in window decoratin(compiz) bigger than 18.0000, or is there any other way of making large shadows??

konqueror7
May 27th, 2009, 02:35 PM
mmm...have you tried using Emerald window decorations instead and tweaking the shadow radius there?

kpkeerthi
May 27th, 2009, 02:37 PM
If you are using Compiz with GTK window decorator, write these commands in a terminal:

gconftool-2 --type float --set /apps/compiz/plugins/decoration/allscreens/options/shadow_radius 18

gconftool-2 --type float --set /apps/compiz/plugins/decoration/allscreens/options/shadow_opacity 0.85

Or press ALT + F2 and enter gconf-editor. Then, navigate to /apps/compiz/plugins/decoration/allscreens/options and change the radius and opacity of the shadows.

If you are using Compiz with emerald, you can change the shadow settings in Emerald Theme Manager.

enri2
May 27th, 2009, 02:56 PM
If you are using Compiz with GTK window decorator, write these commands in a terminal:

gconftool-2 --type float --set /apps/compiz/plugins/decoration/allscreens/options/shadow_radius 18

gconftool-2 --type float --set /apps/compiz/plugins/decoration/allscreens/options/shadow_opacity 0.85

Or press ALT + F2 and enter gconf-editor. Then, navigate to /apps/compiz/plugins/decoration/allscreens/options and change the radius and opacity of the shadows.

If you are using Compiz with emerald, you can change the shadow settings in Emerald Theme Manager.thanks so much, but I have a problem now.The panel has a large shadow too .. I want it to have a shadow but not that large... anyway i can lower the panel shadow?

EDIT: never mind , I'm fine :D , but if you know it tell me
thanks
damn this is amazing!!!