PDA

View Full Version : Wubi crashes?

korinzu
May 27th, 2009, 04:07 AM
Hi all,

I have a Asus N80V series laptop: Intel core 2 duo P745@2.13ghz, 4GB ram, 64b-OS:Vista home premium sp1. I bought a 4gb PNY usb drive and downloaded the remix .img file. I used Win32DI to "write" the file to the USB drive. I didnt receive any errors, i followed the instructions: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Installation/FromImgFiles. However when i double click wubi it vista prompts me to "allow" the program to run, which i do. I see the program open in taskmanager, and then about 1-2 seconds later its gone! Its like a crash only im not getting a crash/error message from vista. Its like it self terminates or something? when i try to select OS's, only vista is listed. can someone please give me advice on how to address this problem? I have yet to get ubuntu to work on any of my computers, and really wanna see it WORK on this new laptop! And please explain what to do, as i am not very techie.

thanks in advanced for your timely replies! ;)

btron
May 27th, 2009, 05:12 AM
I'm getting the same problem using Windows XP -- any ideas?

Shibblet
July 3rd, 2009, 11:45 PM
I third the motion. Does it to me on XP as well.

bluezz
July 19th, 2009, 05:33 PM
I am having the same problem on Windows 7. I really want to install Netbook Remix. If there is a decent solution of Wubi + UNR please post here.

compo80
November 2nd, 2009, 08:33 PM
I have the same problem on an old desktop:
MS-6368 Micro-ATX Mainboard
504Mb Ram
Intel Celeron 1066MHz [x86 Family 6 Model 11 Stepping 1]
Windows 98SE.

I have already tryed a lot of thing to get ubuntu -including clean the cd drive lens and try unetbootin- but no one work.

Please help
Thank you in advice.