PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Problem with the Scubuntu-theme

bhargava470
May 27th, 2009, 03:33 AM
Hi
I recently installed packages that come with scubuntu, but after installing a few I started noticing the following message being displayed every time:

/usr/share/themes/Scubuntu/gtk-2.0/gtkrc:87: Murrine configuration option "highlight_ratio" will be deprecated in future releases. Please use "highlight_shade" instead.
/usr/share/themes/Scubuntu/gtk-2.0/gtkrc:88: Murrine configuration option "lightborder_ratio" will be deprecated in future releases. Please use "lightborder_shade" instead.
/usr/share/themes/Scubuntu/gtk-2.0/gtkrc:199: Murrine configuration option "highlight_ratio" will be deprecated in future releases. Please use "highlight_shade" instead.

I searched for this in the web and found a few, but i couldn't solve this on my own.

Thought this might be useful:

apt-cache policy scubuntu-theme
scubuntu-theme:
Installed: 0.4
Candidate: 0.4
Version table:
*** 0.4 0
500 http://ppa.launchpad.net jaunty/main Packages
100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

Can anyone tell me how to fix this.

Thanks.

bhargava470
May 27th, 2009, 03:38 AM
Sorry forgot to mention, when i change the theme I 'm not noticing any problem...noticing the message only when scubuntu-theme is applied.

Thanks

SunnyRabbiera
May 27th, 2009, 03:41 AM
I have seen this issue pop up before, from one of my own themes.
I would not worry about it, as it doesnt mean the system is comprimised or anything.
It is annoying though

oOarthurOo
May 27th, 2009, 03:42 AM
It's not a problem at the moment. It's just a warning message to the developers. That kind of stuff is better placed in a readme in /usr/share/doc, so that it doesn't confuse the users.

Ignore it.

bhargava470
May 27th, 2009, 03:43 AM
Thanks for the reply.

SunnyRabbiera
May 27th, 2009, 03:48 AM
If you want to play around with it though you can edit the theme on your own, you could install gksu-nautilus to allow you administrative access and with gedit (the text editor for ubuntu) you can edit the file.
But for the new user I would not do it right away, learn a bit more first before doing anything drastic.