PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] No WiFi Intel iMac x64 install Ubuntu 9.x

sscotti
May 19th, 2009, 01:30 PM
I just installed a triple boot system for OS X, Windows (BootCamp) and Ubuntu on my system and everything is working great except the WiFi on Ubuntu (haven't check Windows yet). The system isn't recognising the WiFi card as it is greyed out and it doesn't show up in ifconfig. The BroadCom driver is the driver currently install. eth0 is working so I have a hardwired connection. I've heard of NDISwrapper but not sure how to use it. Can anyone describe how to get the WiFi working on Ubuntu?

Have to say, Ubuntu seems to be Windows, although I still like the Mac OS better. Triple boot is sweet.

cyberdork33
May 19th, 2009, 07:05 PM
information on this should be covered on the documentation page for your mac version. See here to identify your Mac and find the right page:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MactelSupportTeam/CommunityHelpPages

m.musashi
June 2nd, 2009, 01:57 AM
Not to hijack, but how up to date is that Mactel site? I notice there is nothing listed for any iMac for 9.04. Is there truly no help for iMac? I just upgraded to 9.04 using the upgrade tool and while things mostly work, wifi has been a constant problem. Sometimes working but often not. Open networks generally work though.

Clement_User
June 2nd, 2009, 02:04 AM
I don't know if this will help, but have you tried disabling, rebooting, then re-enabling the wireless driver? I have to do this for all Linux-es to get a wireless connection.

cyberdork33
June 2nd, 2009, 04:37 PM
Not to hijack, but how up to date is that Mactel site? I notice there is nothing listed for any iMac for 9.04. Is there truly no help for iMac?
nobody is editing those pages, no.

m.musashi
June 3rd, 2009, 05:19 PM
nobody is editing those pages, no.

That's what I suspected. :-(