PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Rhythmbox Failure to Import Some mp3s

bremedios
May 19th, 2009, 03:17 AM
I'm running Ubuntu 9.04 and I am trying to get Rhythmbox 0.12.0 to work unsuccessfully.

Rhythmbox throws an Import Error of "smb://username@server/music/Archive/Classic Rock/Artist Name/Album Name/Artist Name - Song Name.mp3 | Could not open resource for reading." for every error that it gets.

Less than 0.1% of the Music is able to be opened and read and imported into the system.

My system is up-to-date as of May 18, 2009 (I pulled in new updates today).

My music library actually exists on another Linux Machine and is shared with Windows and Linux Computers via a Samba Share. The user logging has write access to the share and the mp3's can be played fine via totem.

I've also tried to delete the extra files such as .txt, .jpg etc.. that are in folder but this has not helped.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, this setup has worked in the past with Rhythmbox. I would rather not downgrade my distro if possible.

bremedios
May 19th, 2009, 04:52 AM
I have confirmed (via another system) that the Rhythmbox 0.11.5 works on another Machine that is running 8.04 (same user account into the Samba Share).

The one notable difference is that when I select my share in the file browser it gets added as smb://server/share/path instead of smb://user@server/share/path. I'll have to try changing it manually the next time that I have access to the machine.