it downloads patch 3.0.1 correctly
but when i scroll down the Eula to the bottom the Agree button remains inactive
I have tried ies4linux
still does not work
tried configuring it as Windows XP and that did not work
what should i do now?

mrblondeisback
May 15th, 2009, 05:58 PM
make sure you're using the newest version of Wine, I had this problem. Check out winehq.org

linuxjuicer
June 3rd, 2009, 06:58 AM
i'm having the same problem. i checked my wine version is 1.0.1 stable, should i update to 1.1.22 under development version?

hikaricore
June 3rd, 2009, 09:29 AM
make sure you're using the newest version of Wine, I had this problem. Check out winehq.org

^

i'm having the same problem. i checked my wine version is 1.0.1 stable, should i update to 1.1.22 under development version?

Squelthas
June 9th, 2009, 02:28 AM
Same problem, i'll try with another version of Wine and i reply ;D

Squelthas
June 9th, 2009, 05:35 AM
I have this error:

wine client error:0: version mismatch 0/386.
Your wineserver binary was not upgraded correctly,
or you have an older one somewhere in your PATH.
Or maybe the wrong wineserver is still running?

:/

PROject-Emerald
June 9th, 2009, 09:00 AM
You can go into the C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft folder and edit a value that makes it auto-accepted. Don't know which file, though.

garnold
October 2nd, 2009, 04:57 PM
Did you get this working? I'm having the same issue right now.

thom_raindog
October 3rd, 2009, 08:21 PM
The file you need to edit is: /path_to_WoW/WTF/Config.wtf

Make sure you have

SET readTOS "1"
SET readEULA "1"
SET readTerminationWithoutNotice "1"

in there and you should be fine.

mcneany
October 15th, 2009, 07:55 PM
RE: thom_raindog and PROject-Emerald:

Your advice is of no use if the application has not yet been installed.

Having same issue.

Dorito Style
November 26th, 2009, 06:17 AM
I had this problem as well, this youtube video does a pretty good job of explaining the method that worked for me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYU_r646PQ8&feature=youtube_gdata

Pikestaff
November 27th, 2009, 09:44 PM
If updating Wine doesn't work for some reason, then this is how I solved the problem back in WotLK Beta: http://www.aspectofthehare.net/2008/09/linux-users-do-it-with-wine.html

PhoeniX1992
December 16th, 2009, 05:40 PM
I've found a working and simple solution for this problem (I know this is an old thread, but it shows up at a google search for this problem, and by posting this, lots of people will be able to solve this problem.)
For windows there exists an apllication named "AutoIt", which allows you to manipulate windows. It also works under wine and is capable of manipulating applications opened with wine.
With the following script it is able to enable the grayed-out button and automatically clicking it. I've also added an pre-compiled .exe file which is directly executable with wine.

If WinExists("End User") = 1 Then

ControlEnable("End User","","[CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:1]")

ControlClick("End User","","[CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:1]")

MsgBox(64, "Ubuntu WoW EULA Hack", "Succes!")

Exit

Else

MsgBox(48, "Ubuntu WoW EULA Hack", "Can't find EULA screen!")

Exit

EndIf

Good luck you Linux WoW'ers out there :P

Alatar1
December 18th, 2009, 02:48 PM
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1330927

Bwathke
December 18th, 2009, 09:54 PM
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1330927
There is your solution update WINE and its all good to go. I had this problem (Only played the demo and hated it) I updated wine and its fixed.

AilesGrises
December 19th, 2009, 10:55 PM
The file you need to edit is: /path_to_WoW/WTF/Config.wtf

Make sure you have

SET readTOS "1"
SET readEULA "1"
SET readTerminationWithoutNotice "1"

in there and you should be fine.

I'm having the clicking yes inside the program like you thought, my config.WTF file is set like you listed, but it still shows it. Termination Without Notice specifically.

Nat90
December 23rd, 2009, 05:05 AM
The EXE downloadable worked perfectly for me, just remember to execute it with the WOW install screen open and in the agree option

Gautam Kok
January 10th, 2010, 03:03 PM
The problem with the button is that the installer uses HTML to activate the button. In Windows it uses Internet Explorer to do this. Wine does not have IE installed. Therefore you may download and install Internet Explorer easiest through the following steps:

Try this:

Install WINETRICKS: http://wiki.winehq.org/winetricks:

$ wget http://www.kegel.com/wine/winetricks
$ sh winetricks corefonts vcrun6It will now install the list of programs on the website up there ^. Thus, it might ask you for confirmation several times.

Now install it so that you can run winetricks as a command:

$ chmod +x winetricks
$ sudo mv winetricks /usr/local/bin
Now run the program by typing in the command:

$ winetricksSelect IE6 and press OK. Now run through the installation.

When done, download the latest InstallWoW.exe from the website of WoW. Run the installer, wait for it to have downloaded the app and accept the EULA. The installation will now continue!

Enjoy!

pixla.cz
February 2nd, 2010, 08:07 AM
I've found a working and simple solution for this problem (I know this is an old thread, but it shows up at a google search for this problem, and by posting this, lots of people will be able to solve this problem.)
For windows there exists an apllication named "AutoIt", which allows you to manipulate windows. It also works under wine and is capable of manipulating applications opened with wine.
With the following script it is able to enable the grayed-out button and automatically clicking it. I've also added an pre-compiled .exe file which is directly executable with wine.

If WinExists("End User") = 1 Then

ControlEnable("End User","","[CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:1]")

ControlClick("End User","","[CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:1]")

MsgBox(64, "Ubuntu WoW EULA Hack", "Succes!")

Exit

Else

MsgBox(48, "Ubuntu WoW EULA Hack", "Can't find EULA screen!")

Exit

EndIfGood luck you Linux WoW'ers out there :P

Thanks man, you saved my day :)

ChameleonSaint
March 19th, 2010, 12:50 PM
Thank-you the EULA exe worked for me also.
I already had the latest version of Wine.

fredrow
March 28th, 2010, 09:10 AM
THX This worked perpect, as long as you run the hack when trying to click at the agree bottom

wolpertinger
June 29th, 2010, 11:50 AM
Hello, after getting this problem, I tried this method.

The problem with the button is that the installer uses HTML to activate the button. In Windows it uses Internet Explorer to do this. Wine does not have IE installed. Therefore you may download and install Internet Explorer easiest through the following steps:

Try this:

Install WINETRICKS: http://wiki.winehq.org/winetricks:

$ wget http://www.kegel.com/wine/winetricks
$ sh winetricks corefonts vcrun6It will now install the list of programs on the website up there ^. Thus, it might ask you for confirmation several times.

Now install it so that you can run winetricks as a command:

$ chmod +x winetricks
$ sudo mv winetricks /usr/local/binNow run the program by typing in the command:

$ winetricksSelect IE6 and press OK. Now run through the installation.

When done, download the latest InstallWoW.exe from the website of WoW. Run the installer, wait for it to have downloaded the app and accept the EULA. The installation will now continue!

Enjoy!

Unfortunately it led me to another error i cannot figure: Here a mere copy parste of what i guess is important, guess there is a conflict with gecko but no idea...

###!!! ASSERTION: Expecting twice repeated dead-key character: 'rv == 2', file /usr/local/src/wine-mozilla/widget/src/windows/nsKeyboardLayout.cpp, line 390
Leaked URLs:
file:///C:/windows/system32/gecko/1.0.0/wine_gecko/
file:///C:/windows/system32/gecko/1.0.0/wine_gecko/

thx for your suggestions

Edit: this is when lauching wowinstaller.exe from terminal, if i just double-click on the install icon, there is just no change and EULA remains grey and unacceptable.

us3fourtwo4
August 9th, 2010, 06:41 AM
You're my hero.