PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Wireless Randomly Disconnects

MasterPoulos89
May 11th, 2009, 02:21 AM
Hello. I am using Jaunty and I have always had a wired connection and have had no Internet problems. Now that I moved my computer the wire doesn't reach. So I'm using a linksys wireless card that I had. At first it was going really slow. But I simply fixed that with google's help. My problem now is randomly my connection is lost. If I click on the wireless icon and reselect my router sometimes it reconnects but and sometimes I have to restart my router.
Does anyone know why something like this would happen and what I can do to stop it from disconnecting.

Thanks for any help.

superprash2003
May 11th, 2009, 07:25 AM
seems to be a common issue http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1146367

MasterPoulos89
May 11th, 2009, 09:59 AM
Damm....I dint realise it was a Jaunty thing cause I didn't use wireless In Intrepid. Guess I just have to wait for a solution. That should be fun. lol. I guess it's not all that bad it doesn't happen too often but would be nice to have it fixed.

Thanks for the response.

MasterPoulos89
May 13th, 2009, 06:07 AM
I read somewhere someone said they were told to change the MTU from their router to 1400. So instead of changing the router I changed the MTU from the Network Manager to 1400 and its been a few hours now that I have not been disconnected. I think this is the solution.

I restarted after changing it just to make sure it registered.

MasterPoulos89
May 13th, 2009, 07:30 AM
Guess not.......I got disconnected again.

fcastillo
May 13th, 2009, 08:07 PM
What is it that you see, you get disconnected from the network or does the icon shows you're still connected but can't access the internet? Becasue I have the latter problem and don't know how to fix it.

MasterPoulos89
May 13th, 2009, 11:03 PM
My icon shows I'm still connected but I cant access the Internet. What is the latter problem?