PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Atheros AR5007EG WILL NOT WORK, Can anyone Help?/

CheresZabor
May 10th, 2009, 07:19 PM
Hey guys so before i start my rant i would just like to say this; i am quite impressed with linux and how far it has gone and i use it on my desktop without any trouble.

And now for my rant;
i have had a Asus EEE 1000HA for the past 6 months and for the past 6 months i've been trying to get wireless internet on it at my university. However, it says that the signal strength is at 14 percent in linux while in windows (on the same machine) the signal is at 100%. Because of this insensitivity to WiFi no page will load. and thus a netbook is left without a network.

So my question is if anyone has any solutions to this problem with the Atheros AR5007EG wireless chipset??

Tnx

t0mppa
May 10th, 2009, 07:48 PM
Just to clarify things a bit, you're getting a connection to your uni network just fine and have no other issues other than that the signal strength is too low to properly browse the net? Does it work properly on other locations?

CheresZabor
May 12th, 2009, 05:26 AM
Thats pretty much the case, its even more interesting because it will work perfectly well if i boot into windows in the same place

johnnylong
June 3rd, 2009, 07:33 AM
Hi,
I have a Asus 100oH w/ 160G hd and I'm also running Atheros. I had problems trying to get my wifi start when I first loaded jaunty, but I came across this thread that did the trick, hopefully it will do the same for you:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1110957&highlight=asus+1000h+wireless+issue&page=2