PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] XfceMultimediaKeys

lelik67
May 9th, 2009, 10:19 PM
Trying to make media keys Vol+,Vol-, Mute, etc. work on the laptop with xubuntu 9.04 installed.
Following https://help.ubuntu.com/community/XfceMultimediaKeys guide.
Created .Xmodmap in the home directory with all the required keys.
Now instructions say to

Go to your Xfce Menu -> Settings -> Keyboard Settings.
Go to the Shortcuts tab and hit the left "Add" button to create your own Shortcut Profile.I cannot find exact path specified.
I can go
Applications -> Settings -> Keyboard. And then to the Application Shortcuts tab But there is no
left "Add" button to create your own Shortcut Profile. The only "Add" button is underneath and if press it, it pops a window where I can enter a shortcut command, but shortcut label is greyed out. If click Ok, both shortcut label (empty) and shortcut command become greyed out and the only button available is cancel?

What I am doing wrong?

Brandon Williams
May 9th, 2009, 11:46 PM
You're doing the right thing ... when that second box pops up, just press the button that you're trying to assign a shortcut to.

lelik67
May 11th, 2009, 06:52 PM
Thanks. That worked. Partially.
Mute button worked and now i can mute and unmute.
Volume+ and Volume- did not work as when I press either of them nothing happens (like I never press anything).
In Terminal->
xev has no events/keycodes for Volume+ and Volume-, but has events/keycodes for the Mute button.
In Real Terminal ->
showkey -k has press/release events for the Mute button, but only press events for the Volume+ and Volume- button.

Is it a common issue? Any resolution for this?

Thanks.