PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] Binary Apts. for Newbies - Making Newbies love Linux

KhurramM
May 9th, 2009, 09:24 PM
Hi all!

I had this question up my sleeve:

WHY DONT WE HAVE ALL APPLICATIONS IN FORMAT OF SHELL BINARY INSTALLABLE APPS LIKE JDK FROM SUN.COM AND REALPLAYER FROM REAL.COM, FOR ALL THE LINUX APPS AT SOURCEFORGE.NET OR OTHER FSF's?????

DownFall of Linux:
This is making Windows rule the desktops till today and seems for years to come. :sarcastic:

Linux End of Life:
Windows 2k has no current support, but approx all the new softwares are still installable into it. Netbeans on windows is available for all the platforms, same file. (no versioned deb).

WHAT THERE MUST BE:
If we have an application, that runs on all linuxes with also ubuntu, then if a BUG shows up, and rectified for another, it gets fixed for other Linuxes too. This will make every linux user happy.

EASY INSTALLATION:
ALSO ..... This will make a single Enter (not click) install for any linux.;)

I hope all you guys agree.......... :sarcastic:

cariboo
May 9th, 2009, 09:56 PM
If your version end of lifes, you upgrade to the next version. By using debs to install programs, they get security updates when they are available, whereas using binary packages, everytime there is an upgrade or bug fix, you have to uninstall the old program and install a new one.

KhurramM
May 10th, 2009, 01:01 AM
Sir! You are absolutely right. >>> UPGRADE !!!!

But not every ones buying a new hardware each time a new ub flavour is out.

Further more, upgrading hardware, is way too impossible for me.

Vista made people not to upgrade to it from XP, hardware issues.

This is now becoming Linuxes fate too. Newer versions of Linux have old hardware compatibility issues.

The concept of FreeSoftware for all is DYING (more than sorry to say). There should be backward compatibility.

If I love my distro version 1.2, and wanna keep it, why do I dont have newer apps, while windows2000 still get them???????????

By upgrading I risk a total non working system, and we have no Norton Ghost like app. for us, unfortunately.