PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] ffmpeg and libswscaled will not update

labinnsw
May 9th, 2009, 11:56 AM
Just installed Cinelerra http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=596160, but if I remember correctly the problem started just before not after the install. I can't remember the sequence for sure. Any way this is taken from auth.log.
May 9 20:40:28 labinnsw-desktop sudo: pam_smbpass(sudo:auth): unrecognized option [missingok]
May 9 20:40:28 labinnsw-desktop sudo: labinnsw : TTY=unknown ; PWD=/home/labinnsw ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/usr/sbin/synaptic --hide-main-window --non-interactive --parent-window-id 83886083 -o Synaptic::closeZvt=true --progress-str Please wait, this can take some time. --finish-str Update is complete --set-selections-file /tmp/tmpvqSMc2
May 9 20:40:28 labinnsw-desktop sudo: pam_unix(sudo:session): session opened for user root by (uid=0)
May 9 20:40:28 labinnsw-desktop sudo: pam_unix(sudo:session): session closed for user root
May 9 20:41:46 labinnsw-desktop sudo: labinnsw : TTY=unknown ; PWD=/home/labinnsw ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/usr/sbin/synaptic --hide-main-window --non-interactive --parent-window-id 83886083 -o Synaptic::closeZvt=true --progress-str Please wait, this can take some time. --finish-str Update is complete --set-selections-file /tmp/tmpX00E-r
May 9 20:41:46 labinnsw-desktop sudo: pam_unix(sudo:session): session opened for user root by (uid=0)
May 9 20:41:46 labinnsw-desktop sudo: pam_unix(sudo:session): session closed for user root

Any ideas as to cause and resolution?

Triptol
May 9th, 2009, 11:59 AM
Looks like you have a problem with your authentication.

What happens if you try the following in a terminal:

sudo -i
aptitude dist-upgrade

labinnsw
May 9th, 2009, 12:01 PM
This is the result.

root@labinnsw-desktop:~# aptitiude dist-upgrade
-bash: aptitiude: command not found

Sorry, just noticed the typo. I am trying it again.

labinnsw
May 9th, 2009, 12:14 PM
Absolutely Brilliant!!! (Always wanted to say that)

That was the fix I needed. Thanks.

Triptol
May 9th, 2009, 12:14 PM
Sorry...

aptitude

is the right speling.

labinnsw
May 9th, 2009, 01:01 PM
In the excitement I forgot to tag it solved.

Triptol
May 9th, 2009, 02:53 PM
That is good news. Was this the solution, or did you find something else?

Edit: ooops, sorry you already answered that one... Glad it helped.