PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] wine branch menu

Duskao
May 8th, 2009, 06:20 PM
Hello everyone,
I managed to loose part of my wine brach from the "applications" the "wine" menu branches. Normally there is uninstall, configue, browse and games or something like that. Thats the problem I am missing the games part, I still have the Uninstall, the configure, and the browse branches, but I'm missing the fourth part, the part that makes it easy to launch wine games, so every time I would like to play a game I have to browse the "C:" drive and find the executable. Can someone please tell me how to get this back? I have tried uninstalling wine (fully) and reinstalling it with no avail. Also to let you guys know, I tried PlayOnLinux as well as Crossover Games (trial) and found that wine is my personal preference so far anyway, maybe a later version of crossover. So to get rid of those branches I edited my menu's a bit.

Niniel
May 8th, 2009, 07:45 PM
Could just have dropped off the menu - go to System/Preferences/Main Menu and see if the entries are still there. If they are, all you need to do to make them visible again is click on the checkmark box next to the entry.
If that's not it then I'm not sure how to restore this, sorry.

Duskao
May 8th, 2009, 08:30 PM
Yeah, it's not there either. I think I might have deleted it... Hmmmm. Oh well, guess I reap what I sew. Maybe once I upgrade to 9.04... again.... it will be back.