PDA

View Full Version : [other] Acer aspire one cpu temperature

bendib
May 8th, 2009, 09:30 AM
Hey, I use a acer aspire one netbook running a self-created mutant of fedora and opensuse, and was wondring, HOW THE HELL DO I CHECK CPU TEMP?!?!
Aspire one's are famous for being good plastic frying pans. I love this netbook, but I need a way to check he cpu temp. Don't give me that cat crap.
Tried it. The directory doesn't exist. No acerfand. Something in an rpm, as make throws fits.
I hate compiling software. And it can't need pygtk. It's not in the fedora or suse repositories.

Gunman1982
May 8th, 2009, 09:48 AM
This so called self created mutant of fedora and opensuse is called Linpus or specifically Linpus Lite. Got the aspire tor, killed linpus and installed debian. And well I'm happy with it ad it works out of the box.

bendib
May 8th, 2009, 08:17 PM
This so called self created mutant of fedora and opensuse is called Linpus or specifically Linpus Lite. Got the aspire tor, killed linpus and installed debian. And well I'm happy with it ad it works out of the box.
No, it's not linpus. a few months ago on my desktop I meshed the two together, choosing the best combos for each, made a .img with dd and now copied it to my netbook. Proof, it uses gnome. I am sitting with a very toasty netbook on my lap, wishing someone would help, not try to correct me. I'm not stupid. I need an rpm, because this mutant won't let me install make. Oh, and debian sucks, red hat beats the tar out of debian.