PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Making suspend work?

amsgwp
May 7th, 2009, 05:51 PM
Soo..it goes into suspend when I close the lid on my laptop but won't come out. I believe I've always had this issue.

What guides are available for fixing this?

I'm using a Asus W7J if that helps.

ssdt
May 7th, 2009, 06:06 PM
There are some problems with suspend in some computer with AMD but I haven;'t faced any with Intel.

durand
May 7th, 2009, 06:41 PM
You could go to the power settings and disable suspend when you close your lid until you find your solution. What happens if you press the power button?

amsgwp
May 7th, 2009, 07:26 PM
Well by default suspend was disabled but I enabled it and it goes into suspend fine (power light starts blinking) but when I click power button to come out of suspend the power light stops blinking but it never comes back to life.

I saw something about wireless drivers being the problem. How can I check this?

I have a intel proset wireless 3945abg wireless card. Also this is a intel processor laptop, not AMD.

SaaTeeVaaGreen
May 7th, 2009, 07:51 PM
Which ubuntu release are you using? i had exactly this problem when i was using hardy heron but since i have upgraded to jaunty my laptop resumes from suspend perfectly every time.

amsgwp
May 7th, 2009, 07:54 PM
Jaunty.

I jsut got it to work if I disabled my wireless card.

but once I resumed the wireless wouldn't come back on (I used hardware switch to disable and re-enable).

So can anyone help me figure that out. Is it possible to automatically disable on suspend and re-enable on wake?

zero7404
May 7th, 2009, 07:57 PM
i had this problem with mine, the display would not wake up upon resume....had to restart system when that happens.

i am not sure if you're running ATI video hardware in that laptop, maybe you might want to look into download and manual install of the latest linux version....

for mine, i had a choice of the 177 or 180 nvidia restricted drivers and still experienced the problem. so i went to nvidia's site to get their latest package and installed that. so far no issues....

durand
May 7th, 2009, 11:53 PM
Jaunty.

I jsut got it to work if I disabled my wireless card.

but once I resumed the wireless wouldn't come back on (I used hardware switch to disable and re-enable).

So can anyone help me figure that out. Is it possible to automatically disable on suspend and re-enable on wake?

Yes, it is possible.. There is a config file in /etc but I can't remember what it is. Sorry..

zero7404
May 8th, 2009, 06:21 AM
scratch my previous statement, i'm experiencing this problem again.
this thread over @ nv points to the fact that there is no solution yet....
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=109199&highlight=resume+display+blank