PDA

View Full Version : system monitor applet does not sense network traffic

sandip26879
May 7th, 2009, 04:36 PM
Hi,

I have installed UNR 9.04 from the USB image on my ACER ASPIRE ONE (ZG5). I have added the system monitor applet on the top panel beside battery monitor and enabled all the items -- CPU, MEMORY, NETWORK, SWAP, LOAD and DISK. But the NETORK section is not showing any traffic. Also putting the mouse pointer over the network section reports 0 bytes sent and 0 bytes received. Other sections are working fine. I am using CDMA modem. The connection information from network manager reports the interface as ttyACM0 instead of ppp0 as on Intrepid. I have not tested the issue with wired ethernet and wifi. However a single click on the applet opens System Monitor, and that shows the network traffic graph. Any help on this issue ??? :o

TygerFish
June 3rd, 2009, 09:44 PM
I'm having the same issue on ubuntu desktop 9.04 with a Verizon USB CDMA modem. I upgraded to Jaunty from Intrepid, which was displaying my CDMA network traffic correctly, and I originally thought that it was the upgrade that broke it. Has anyone else had this experience or is this a bug in the new version?

eshant_engineer
February 25th, 2010, 06:38 PM
I am also having the same problem....I had done fresh installation.