PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] Acer Extensa 4420-5963, want to only run ubuntu (But running into problems)

DJSchmidty
May 6th, 2009, 06:26 PM
K, so I decided to install the latest 9.04 ubuntu on my acer, but i'm having some problems right off the bat. Sounds works, wireless works, but when I put on extra effects, and do the super S window selector 3d thing (instead of alt tab) ubuntu restarts, and I have to log in again...

I installed compiz and enabled the cube, but I noticed that theres lots of 'flicker' going on, doesn't quite look like its running the way it should...

I didn't even get the opportunity to install awn on it yet, because I thought that if I dl'd envyng, and installed the ATI driver (Which it said was NOT supported, but I tried anyway) now I can no longer get a gnome gui, its just a terminal now...

I'm not that great in the terminal, ok I suck at it, so I guess i'm gonna try to install kubuntu 9.04, just to see what it will look like, and to see if maybe the compiz effects will work better in K then in gnome?????

Dunno, but could use some suggestions on this one...

Thanx!:guitar: