PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Motorola H500 Bluetooth and Skype?

Pnzrdrgoon
May 6th, 2009, 05:15 AM
I have a laptop witn Jaunty on it and Bluez with a bluetooth dongle. The dongle works fine and I've paired my headset. How do I set the headset as both microphone and speaker for use with Skype though? I've found a couple of different walkthroughs and none have helped me get things working. Any help would be appreciated!

fh_scott
May 6th, 2009, 06:11 PM
I had this working fine in Intrepid, but so far it's a no-go with Jaunty.

srikesh
November 27th, 2009, 03:21 AM
I would like to achieve the same thing as Pnzrdrgoon. I am using Ubuntu 9.10 and have Skype installed on my machine. The bluetooth device is a Motorola H500 and it is already paired with the computer. Does any one have links to step-by-step instructions to set up the headset as the microphone and speaker to be used with Skype?

Thanks.

nigelclegg
January 31st, 2010, 12:27 PM
I have a laptop witn Jaunty on it and Bluez with a bluetooth dongle. The dongle works fine and I've paired my headset. How do I set the headset as both microphone and speaker for use with Skype though? I've found a couple of different walkthroughs and none have helped me get things working. Any help would be appreciated!

Did you get it sorted? I can't get the microphone to work on my h500 to use with skype in Karmic. Any help?

ixifx
February 27th, 2010, 12:49 AM
I just got an H500 and a linksys dongle second hand from a friend. when I plug in the dongle, the bluetooth icon comes up in the notification area. when I go to set up a new device, I see a couple of phones, but not my headset. I'm powering it on by holding the button for about 5 seconds until the light blinks a few times in rapid succession then once every second or so. any ideas?