PDA

View Full Version : [wubi] Problem after Wubi unistallation

applecake
May 5th, 2009, 02:28 PM
Hiya!
I installed Ubuntu 9.04 via Wubi. Then I uninstalled it via "Add/ programs" in the control panel in Windows Xp, and I've also checked that there no longer is a map called "ubuntu" on my HDD. Still the boot chooser, where you choose between Windows and Ubuntu(is it called GRUB?), shows up at boot. Why does the list still show up?
(I also tested to choose Ubuntu, but that doesnt work. It says some file is gone, or something like that..)

Tanks in advance.

Partyboi2
May 5th, 2009, 02:48 PM
Hi, check your C:\boot.ini file that the entry for Ubuntu has been removed.

applecake
May 5th, 2009, 03:06 PM
Strange.. Seems like I dont have that file.. I searched the whole C: for files with "boot" in the name. Found 22, but none of them were directly on C:, and everyone had more than boot in the filename, e.g. bootstat. But it feels like I've seen it before.
Maybe it did go away in the unistallation of Ubuntu? :(
Can it reappear if I reinstall via Wubi?

Partyboi2
May 6th, 2009, 04:03 AM
Try another way, right click on "My Computer" then select the "Advanced" tab and under "Startup and Recovery" select "Settings" then under "System Startup" press "edit" and check if the entry for ubuntu has been removed.

Cyberhwk
May 7th, 2009, 08:33 AM
I have this same problem, my boot.ini file looks like...

[boot loader]
timeout=30
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOW S
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Windows XP Professional x64 Edition" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect
C:\wubildr.mbr = "Ubuntu"

Do I just delete "C:\wubildr.mbr = "Ubuntu"?

Partyboi2
May 7th, 2009, 10:02 AM
Yes, that is correct.

applecake
May 7th, 2009, 03:04 PM
Tanks for the help! :)

Cyberhwk
May 7th, 2009, 09:49 PM
Yeah, sorry to hijack AppleCake's thread. But this worked for me too. Thank you.

Maybe someday I'll come over to Linux, but it'd just be a little too much at the moment.