PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] spinning cube compiz effect no worky

db4sn3r
May 2nd, 2009, 02:56 AM
Hi all,

I am, as you can see by my posting in this forum, a very noobish ubuntu user. I installed compiz and that was really cool. I found the cube effect that I had seen so many time before, and when I enable it, no matter what shortcut key I use I won't start up, any idea what gives? Also, as far as I know, no other effects are in the way of it. I am running this on my netbook, samsung nc10, even though it won't handle it very well, I want to try the cube out on here. should I try beryl or whatever its called instead? how would I do that?

Thank you very much
db4sn3r

Hamchan
May 2nd, 2009, 03:03 AM
I assume you installed compizconfig-settings-manager

To rotate the cube, there is another setting you have to activate called "rotate cube" Then you should be able to rotate the cube by holding ctrl+alt+left mouse button and moving the mouse

mkoehler
May 2nd, 2009, 03:09 AM
Ditto Hamchan. Also, if you really do have the cube enabled within compizconfig-settings-manager, then there is no way you can have a conflicting effect enabled because the program checks for issues like these.

fugaki
May 2nd, 2009, 03:17 AM
also, by default it is set to zoom out when you click in the mouse scroll wheel.