PDA

View Full Version : Windows Live Mail Help!!!

woodbj
May 2nd, 2009, 01:14 AM
For about 2 weeks I have not been able to get into my Hotmail emails because of Sign-in Error
Windows Live Hotmail was not able to sign in to your account at this time. Please try again later.
when i try to login but when i go to home.live.com i can sign in but it doesn't show emails and i can also sign into messenger... does any one else have this problem or just me

Sef
May 2nd, 2009, 03:06 PM
Moved to Absolute Beginners.

Alterax
May 2nd, 2009, 11:20 PM
For about 2 weeks I have not been able to get into my Hotmail emails because of Sign-in Error
Windows Live Hotmail was not able to sign in to your account at this time. Please try again later.
when i try to login but when i go to home.live.com i can sign in but it doesn't show emails and i can also sign into messenger... does any one else have this problem or just me

I'm not sure where this has anything to do with Ubuntu. To me, it sounds in general like a Microsoft problem. In specific, it sounds like their systems messed up on the backend.

It happens; most e-mail providers are good about keeping backups, but you may want to consider finding an e-mail provider that will let you use IMAP. With it you can keep local copies on your machine of what you have so far (for when you can't connect) as well as keep copies on the server (for when you need to access it by webmail). Then it doesn't affect you as much when things mess up on the backend.