PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] No 'Net connection

Coffeeman51
May 1st, 2009, 11:49 AM
Something weird is going on...about 2 hrs ago I was online with Ubuntu 9.04 and just having a great time...I noticed that Sabayon had a new release out and my son is a Sab fan...so I started downloading it using bittorrent...worked for about 2 minutes...and then dropped connection...and I also lost the 'net.

Now, I can no longer connect to the internet at all using ubuntu, not on this computer (dual booting with WinXP) nor from my laptop which also runs 9.04.

I have a connection thru my landlords router (which I control-he has no clue)...cable internet thru Cox.

cottfcfan
May 1st, 2009, 12:04 PM
Can u connect when youre on Windows.
If u can, it seems youve got the same problem that I and many others are experiencing with Ubuntu & Wireless at the moment.
Internet Connection just dropping out for no apparent reason.
I dont know what the answer is but i hope its resolved soon.

OzOle
May 1st, 2009, 06:19 PM
I have a similar problem.

Before upgrading to Ubuntu 9.04 (fresh install) when running Kubuntu 8.10 I had absolutely no problems with staying online wirelessly.

Now my connection drops with no warning and no explanation. However, if I am actively using the computer and on the Net, it seems to stay connected. If I leave the computer for a while, then I have often been disconnected when I come back.

The only way to be reconnected is to reboot.