PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Terminal Problem!

mcds2
April 30th, 2009, 10:29 AM
i found that after entering a comand in terminal it stops letting me enter comands or even my password which it asked for, can someoen Help me with this? this was when trying to install ndiswrapper to get my wifi working with ubuntu!

skotos
April 30th, 2009, 10:40 AM
I sometimes got into something similar with Hardy when using the TV remote control in my notebook range: I noticed that switching to the text console with ALT + F1 and then going back with ALT + F7 (if you are running just the 6 standard text terminals) restored the full keyboard functionality.
This was not a solution, but a workaround that helped me taking back my notebook keyboard control.

HTH

mcds2
April 30th, 2009, 10:44 AM
outside of the terminal i can use the keyboard its just in the terminal i can't type anything!

x33a
April 30th, 2009, 10:50 AM
try logging out, or maybe a restart.

Kevbert
April 30th, 2009, 10:52 AM
It may be that your terminal package is corrupted. Try going to Synaptic Package Manager and search for gnome-terminal. Select both gnome-terminal and gnome-terminal-data and in each case right-click and select 'Mark for Re-installation' and then 'Apply'. Please post back any errors.

mcds2
April 30th, 2009, 05:15 PM
got the terminal working again!