PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Nokia 6600 (fold)

vostro
April 30th, 2009, 07:50 AM
I have recently installed under ubuntu 8.10 and I am looking for an equivalent to Nokia's PC Suite to run my Nokia 6600 fold (different to the slide version I believe) Having worked with DOS since 3.2 and windows since 3.0, I am not good working with linux under the bonnet,:confused: and need a simple fix for an absolute know nothing. Can any one help.
PS I will be trying to learn a bit more about my shiney new operating platform, the best thing since CPM (Yes I am old and doddery). :smile:

Zeedok
April 30th, 2009, 11:56 AM
Hey, welcome to Ubuntu. You're right it is great, I suspect even better than DOS (though it has been a while!!)

I'm not sure that you'll find a way to get your Nokia phone syncing with Ubuntu - I've played around a few times with my Nokia E65 and given up. I think with all the new smartphone action (iPhone, Android, Palm Pre and even Windows mobile) syncing to the internet via 3G, rather than your computer, is probably more of a focus to developers. You can sync a Palm pilot (with some issues), but other devices are not quite as robustly supported.