PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Grub Error 15 for Jaunty

paullyjunge
April 30th, 2009, 03:45 AM
Hi guys,

Did a fresh install and now my machine won't boot without the error 15.

I have attached the results.txt after running the script from here. (http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=6725571&postcount=3)

Not sure if it matters, but sdb is an IDE drive set as master on the primary IDE and sda is a SATA drive. In my BIOS I have primary IDE as the first boot, I would have thought that Ubuntu would then make sdb be sda and vice versa.

Any thoughts on how to fix this? I have been trying things for hours, but haven't made any headway! Please and thank you!

fenian
April 30th, 2009, 03:57 AM
You need to be sure the drive with Ubuntu on it is set to boot first in the Bios.Seeing as you probably don't need the XFS drive to be bootable I would remove it from the boot sequence in the Bios.

paullyjunge
April 30th, 2009, 04:03 AM
Hello,

It is set as the first bootable drive, that is why this is confusing.

fenian
April 30th, 2009, 04:06 AM
What happens if you start up from the Ubuntu Live CD and choose boot from first Hard Disk?

paullyjunge
April 30th, 2009, 05:03 AM
got it figured out, I went into grub and did setup (hd0) and then setup(hd1). I am assuming by doing so I installed grub to whichever drive boots first. At first I disliked the UUID, but I guess this way it doesn't really matter which drive boots first!

:guitar:

thanks for the help!