PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] wireless/Ubuntu/9.04

leonelson
April 29th, 2009, 09:56 PM
I am having painful hardships,, in trying to get wireless setup to work with the 9.04 Ubuntu/my 8.10 version work excellent??
thankyou

tonkus
April 29th, 2009, 10:32 PM
How can I tell what wifi drivers are loaded? My network works great from the live session using 9.04 but after I installed it on the hard disk I don't have wifi in the network-manager.

Thanks in advance

Heathcliff720
April 29th, 2009, 10:49 PM
For your wireless what are you using to connect laptop or pci adaptor. Other day felt like i fought a giant grizzle bear in the ring trying to set up a Wireless-G pci adapater wmp54gs with ndiswrapper. So i learned a thing or two

bhishan
April 29th, 2009, 10:54 PM
Take a look at these link:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WifiDocs/WiFiHowTo

currentshades
May 24th, 2009, 07:37 PM
Just wanted to chime in that this problem is happening with my setup as well (MSI PT880 with a PCI linksys wireless g card: wmp54gs). Annoyingly, I'll need to either downgrade this guest computer, use another Linux (how many are as friendly for your regular user, though?), or simply use the Windows partition which just works.

I can't even try much since 9.04 doesn't even work with my onboard LAN!! 9.04 looks quite nice, too! Ah! Oh well, I'll be watching for the next version. Let's hope it will have a larger base of drivers that does not neglect popular cards such as this and the onboard one in my computer. :(

If anyone has had any luck with either the linksys or onboard chip, please let us know! :KS

D3R3K
October 11th, 2009, 08:45 PM
I'm using that same Linksys Adapter and having the same issue. This was the reason I tried and dumped ubuntu the last time I gave it ago. Well, win xp has crashed yet again and I REALLY want to give ubuntu a go as my only OS on this pc. From my reading it seems that this particular adapter is a problem. I'm going to give it a bit more of my time trying to figure it out, but I don't know anything about linux and this is really discouraging. Please don't send me sulking back to the horrible land of M$. =p Any help would be appreciated.